Sunday, 28 October 2007

Fantasy

Well I'm right now a part of this awesome group of people in IIT-R who publish a news magazine WATCH OUT. Right in the beginning of the semester they took in new facchas(thats what we first yearites are called) after a series of interviews. I wrote this poem for those interviews.

Its called Fantasy.





As I stood at the shore

And the waves touched my feet

And the sun was there no more

As I thought of the girl I was about to meet.



As I stood at the shore

And I saw her coming from far

And the sun was there no more

And she came and stood by my car.



As I stood at the shore

On the beach that ran for a mile

And the sun was there no more

As I beheld her shy smile.



As I stood at the shore

And the wind caught its speed

And the sun was there no more

Of any words there was no need.



As I stood at the shore

And we sat there hand in hand

And the sun was there no more

As the moon cast it's light on land.



As I stood at the shore

And the wind brushed against her hair

And the sun was there no more

As I kissed her then and there.



As I opened my eyes

And the stars had come up in the skies

And the girl, my eyes could not find

As all that was just a fantasy in my mind.

4 comments:

Amit... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amit... said...

Nice poem....touching...and surely good enough to clear any interview.

By the way, If anyone wants to know who is the girl in the poem...get him a few shots of Vodka...and you'll know the motivation he writes such 'Romantic' poems for....

Amit... said...

and when are u planning to update ur blog ??

Unknown said...

Amu, I never knew you blogged!
Brilliant man.
Continue to entertain my mind with such superb posts.